Friday, March 13, 2009

Michael Steele

Here is a copy of Mike Huckabee’s blog and his update on Steele.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
An Update on the Michael Steele Situation
I have spoken this afternoon to Chairman Michael Steele and have received clarification from him as to his comments regarding the sanctity of life issue. I appreciate his candor and most of all his willingness to personally discuss this with me.

Michael affirms his pro-life commitment, including support for the party platform of a Constitutional amendment to protect life and his conviction that life begins at conception. The point he sought to make was that words like “choice” and “individual decisions” have been co-opted by the left, when in fact his mother made a choice as an individual—the CHOICE to give birth to him as an unmarried college student. It would have been easy for her to have made a choice to end his life, but she chose life.

Obviously, this is an issue which is very important to me and to many other conservatives and it was important for me to get this clarified. I’m grateful that Chairman Steele was willing to set the record straight without hesitation.
Mike Huckabee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My take on this:

As a politician I have been misquoted by the press on many occasions. Michael Steele has a record of being prolife and I will continue to support him until I have a reason to believe he is not pro life. I supported Michael Steele because of his Conservative values.

I will be going to hear him in Denver on March 20th and will let you know if he addresses this issue or is I have any reason to believe he is wavering on this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment